This risk assessment has been created to evaluate the visitor Covid-19 risk at Gleeson Recruitment Group (GRG) offices at Edmund House in Birmingham, The Blade in Reading, and Clarendon Place in Leamington Spa.
Controls described in this document have been implemented to minimise the risk to visitors of contracting COVID-19 whilst in the office, following UK Government regulations, guidance from the Health & Safety Executive, and best practice.
This assessment was last updated on 25th September 2020. Further updates will be made if significant changes are required or controls are adjusted.
- GUIDANCE & THE LAW
- GRG will follow guidance and comply with legal requirements, taking all reasonable steps to protect visitors from COVID-19:
- Where possible, staff are making use of video conferencing software, such as Microsoft Teams, to minimise the number of in person meetings.
- We have liaised with the Building Management regarding safety measures in common areas such as Reception, toilets, and lifts.
- Staff have their temperature checked on arrival at the offices using a no contact thermometer. Staff with a high temperature are asked to work from home and monitor their health, seeking medical advice as appropriate.
- We have taken all reasonable steps to maintain a 2 meter distance in the workplace. Where people cannot be 2 meters apart, we have done everything practical to manage transmission risk.
- We have cleaning, handwashing, and hygiene procedures in line with government guidance.
- We have carried out a COVID-19 risk assessment and shared the results with the people who work here. The risk assessment has been updated based on changes to the government guidance and the updates have also been shared.
- All staff have received information on safe working practices, including copies of the risk assessments describing actions to minimise the risk of transmission within the team and to visitors.
- Robust Health and Safety management procedures are in place and there is a professional, responsible culture amongst staff.
- INFORMATION PROVISION
- The controls detailed in this document will be communicated to visitors as follows:
- A copy of this document is on our website.
- A copy is linked on the visitor health questionnaire.
- A copy is located near the entrance to our premises.
- There is clear signage around our premises.
- A copy has been shared with our staff so that they can share with expected visitors.
- GRG VISITING RULES / REGULATIONS
- Don’t visit if you are unwell. As per government guidance, we ask people not to visit the office if they:
- Have any symptoms of coronavirus (a high temperature, a new, continuous cough, or a loss of or change to sense of smell or taste).
- Are waiting for a coronavirus test result.
- Have tested positive for coronavirus within the last 14 days.
- Live with someone, or have had recent contact with someone, who has symptoms, is waiting for a test result, or has tested positive in the last 14 days.
- Are shielding or self-isolating, or live with someone who is.
- Please try to maintain social distancing - this is the primary action to prevent transmission. To enable this, we have implemented the following:
- Pre-arranged visitors only - we are not allowing unplanned visits at this time. Please do not bring any additional parties with you (such as children or friends).
- Strict meeting times - please do not arrive more than 10 minutes early for your appointment.
- Allocated seating and restricted visitor numbers.
- All visitors will be asked to complete a visitor health form, and their contact details will be logged. Please see information below on Test and Trace. The form is available online, to minimize contact and cross contamination from pens and clipboards.
- Visitors will be asked to sanitise their hands when they arrive, and hand sanitizer is available throughout the building.
- Visitors will have their temperature taken on arrival, using a no-contact forehead thermometer. Visitors with a high temperature (over 38°C) will be asked to sit in a private area and have their temperature taken again 15 minutes later. If their temperature remains high, we will reschedule the meeting, or move it to an online video conference at a convenient time.
- Visitors who develop Covid-19 symptoms or have a positive Covid-19 test within 14 days of their visit should inform us as soon as possible. This can be done directly with their usual contact, or via our Operations Director firstname.lastname@example.org
- CLEANLINESS AND CLEANING
- An enhanced cleaning regime is in place. Higher traffic areas such as toilets and lifts are receiving additional focus and being regularly cleaned throughout the day.
- PERSONAL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT (PPE)
- Staff and visitors are not currently required to wear PPE but visitors are welcome to use any they bring with them following GOV, NHS, and manufacturer guidance. Some of our staff may also choose to wear PPE.
- NHS TEST AND TRACE
- The opening up of the economy following the COVID-19 outbreak is being supported by NHS Test and Trace. Although not mandatory for our industry, we will be keeping a log of all visits and will record your name, a contact telephone number, details of the Gleeson employees met during the visit, and the date and time of your visit. Visitors logs are retained for 21 days from the day of the visit. This will help the NHS to trace close recent contacts of anyone who tests positive for coronavirus and, if necessary, provides a way to notify people if they need to self-isolate to help stop the spread of the virus.
For further details or if you have any queries please contact email@example.com