£45000 - £55000 per annum
about 1 year ago
Our client, a market leader in the design and installation of electrical and mechanical automation systems in the Food and Drink and Parcel Distribution sectors is looking to grow their management team with a workshop manager, who will support a busy control panel assembly workshop.
Reporting to the General Manager, you will provide the drive, experience, and expertise necessary to ensure successful completion of control panels and automation assemblies to approved designs at our manufacturing facility in the East Midlands. You will coordinate the labour resources, parts and materials required for completion of assemblies and provide close supervision to your team of Panel Builders and associated supporting operatives.
- Line Manager for a team of Panel Builders and associated supporting operatives
- Determine, communicate and maintain efficient work procedures and techniques through documented safe systems of work (RAMS)
- Coordinate and control the assembly, test, service and rectification of a variety of electrical control panels and associated automation equipment
- Assess tasks for completeness and report any issues or variations
- Complete control panel test reports and job documentation
- Ensure all tools and equipment in use are certified and/or calibrated
- Maintain positive relationships with colleagues, subcontractors and other third parties
- Undertake specialist training as required and keep up to date with statutory and legislative requirements
- Demonstrate and apply the principles of continuous improvement to achieve 'Best Practice'
- +5 years' experience in successful management of industrial control panel assembly
- Drive and commitment in pursuit of best practice
- Excellent interpersonal, IT and communication skills
- To be a team player and customer focused
- Qualifications and Licences
- Level 4 Management & Leadership (Desirable)
- NVQ Level 3 Electrotechnical Services - Panel Wiring / Panel Builder or Mechanical Manufacture Engineering (fitting and assembly) or equivalent Approved Apprenticeship in Panel Wiring /Panel Building (Required)
- ECS Gold Card - Wireman/Panel Builder (Desirable)
- IOSH/SSSTS (Desirable)
- FLT/Counterbalance Truck Licence (Desirable)
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity to be part of a highly skilled and professional team working for a leader in the electrical and mechanical handling systems then please apply now with your most recent and up-to-date CV. Alternatively, you can contact Connor Jones on to arrange a confidential discussion.
*Please note you must hold the right to work in the UK to apply for this position - and hold a valid UK passport due to the travel requirements of this role.