Windows System Administrator
£350pd - £400pd - Outside IR35
6 Month Contract PFE
Gleeson are working alongside an incredibly established client who have a fantastic opportunity for a Technical WSA to initially join & support a team of 3 within the Windows team co joined with the Cloud & Desktop teams. As much as the client are looking for an experienced principle, the expectations aren't set for the successful candidate to be able to do everything.
You will need to:
- Be a Subject Matter Expert within the Windows server and associated technologies
- Have a great understanding of current and future Windows technologies and providing strategic direction, consultancy to IT, projects and the business.
- Possess advanced knowledge, understanding and capability in the relevant Windows technology to enable you to support and guide a team
- Ensure best practice security models are adopted
- Have strong problem-solving attributes to support/solve complex inter-department data platform problems.
- Manage costs related to the team's budget and associated costs for example, overtime, cross-charging, licensing and capacity management
- Manage support and cover for the department and associated service hours
You will need:
- Degree qualification or equivalent experience (Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or related Batchelor of Science degree).
- Advanced knowledge of administrating and supporting Microsoft Windows technology across physical and virtualised platforms.
- Advanced knowledge of backup and recovery techniques.
- Advanced knowledge of performance tuning techniques to ensure SLAs are met.
- Advanced knowledge of running Windows in a virtualised environment across both VMware and Hyper-V.
- Advanced knowledge with the Azure Data Platform.
If interested, please apply below!