West London, London
£33000.00 - £38000.00 per annum + Company Car
4 months ago
I'm currently working with a global distribution business who are looking to recruit a Vehicle Assessor to join their ranks, your key focus within the role will be to look after accident repair and management of all associated costs across their fleet of cars for the business…
Reporting to a Fleet Services Manager, the Vehicle Assessor would be directly responsible for overseeing the management of all associated costs for any accident repair damage. Responsibilities include tracking repair times but also performance of all bodyshop repair partners in differing areas of the UK.
The Vehicle Assessor will oversee the direct management of accident repairs proactively securing the most cost-effective vehicle damage and maintenance costs against the fleet of company car vehicles. You will be charged with providing direction and managing minimum downtime to mitigate business impact to operational and service performance. The role will predominantly be based at their facility near Heathrow Airport but there will be an element of travel involved here also - you will liaise face to face with the relevant bodyshop workshops to maintain high service levels. Proactively going to different geographical areas to recruit new bodyshop workshops to partner with your business.
The successful Vehicle Assessor will have experience of working in a bodyshop workshop environment with previous experience of managing a large fleet of vehicles.
Areas of responsibility will include :
- Good communication and negotiation skills in order to challenge and manage relevant fleet costings;
- Capable of conducting and concluding investigations (from pictures of vehicle damage) to draw structured and reasoned conclusions;
- Comfortable of managing a large fleet of vehicles
- An ability to understand and investigate accident repair costings and challenge findings;
- Time served as a Bodyshop Technician would be preferable but not essential.
The following benefits package is available to the successful Vehicle Assessor:
- £33000 - £38,000 basic salary
- Company Car