£35000.00 - £45000.00 per annum
about 1 year ago
My client are proud to work in the unique funeral industry. They succeed by helping people through difficult times with compassion, respect, openness and care.
Following an exciting period of change, they are now looking to expand the Procurement Team and are looking for an experienced Utilities Manager to oversee their suppliers daily and collaborate on integral parts of the procurement process for the commercial & residential property with internal stakeholders. This role will allow you the room to devise integral operating models for all utilities and play a key part in projects to achieve best commercial advantage.
Alongside a highly collaborative, dedicated, and supportive management team, they will give you the room to stretch and develop within the industry. The dedicated Learning and Development team and management team will ensure that you are delivered full training to confidently perform this role and will also aim to promote your progression.
Role of this Utilities Manager
As a Utilities Manager, you will manage utility suppliers including overseeing billing checks & queries, implementing SRM meetings and liaising with all third parties to ensure oversight and knowledge of the property portfolio on both commercial and residential buildings. Alongside gathering data from smart meters, property voids and branch closures/openings you will also play a key part in forming a utilities strategy for the business in line with new carbon reduction initiatives.
Other duties will include:
- Provide risk management guidance to the wider Dignity teams in order to maintain a strong risk orientated culture with the support of the R&G Officer
- Assist with tendering/hedging our utilities at strategic points
- Provide general support to the wider Procurement Team as and when needed on business-critical initiatives
- Have an understanding of all relevant standards, Codes of Practice, Health & Safety Legislation and provide general technical support to other disciplines
- Manage and execute the roll out of smart meters across the estate and monitor thereafter
- Responsibility for Inspection and meter reading control including managing any remedial works required
- Be a member of the ESG committee
What we are looking for in a Utilities Manager
- Experience in working within Procurement/Utilities for 3 - 5 years
- Understanding and experience with all utility disciplines
- Manages budgets accurately and can produce robust forecasting data on cost/savings and budgeted finances
- Experienced in the production of strategic category plans
- Has good stakeholder engagement and is able to build long-lasting working relationships
- Understanding of water and energy supply requirements & regulations
Full Time / Permanent (Hours: Mon - Fri 08:45 - 17:00)
Sutton Coldfield / Head Office (Hybrid working)
Up to £45,000 per annum + Company Benefits