UK Technical Director - Birmingham - £85,000
I am currently working with great technology led business to recruit a Technical Director to head up their UK IT function. Reporting into the CIO in New Zealand this role will be a pivotal part at driving technology led change here in the UK. This opportunity is at the cutting edge of cloud technology using Google cloud to transform the way they do business.
We are looking for a true technology leader, someone with excellent management skills but also a deep routed foundation in technology. We need someone who has a relevant computer/engineer Degree who keeps up to date with the latest trends, someone who is forever learning and can be an early adopter for future technological advances.
This is a genuinely exciting opportunity for a Technical Director to work with cloud computing done right. There is a lot of change that needs to happen in the UK to get it up to where New Zealand are from a technology perspective, this certainly isn't a BAU role!
- Proven IT Leader with experience managing core technical teams.
- Degree educated.
- Ability to work closely and manage technical teams.
- Passion for cloud computing.
- Excellent stakeholder management.
- No nonsense approach to delivering projects and services to a high standard.
- Region technical team management including resourcing, team development, deliverables management, and other details to achieve effective operational team functions.
- Oversight and management of the region technical deliverables to maintain the achievement of reliable and consistent business requirements.
- Cohesive and productive functional engagement across the company organisation - with upper management, with peers, and with other company staff.
- Provide technical leadership of design and development practices, architectural direction and technology strategy involvement, operational management involvement.
- Be involved in all phases of the product, systems, and solutions lifecycles, from initial concepts, group consultation, design, implementation, quality management, delivery, and ongoing operational services.
- Participate in product/systems/solutions functionality engagements with relevant entities - including feature analysis, roadmap, trade-offs, resourcing, and delivery scheduling.
If you have the required experience and you would like to find out more about this position, please apply here.