Gleeson Recruitment Group are delighted to be working in an exclusive partnership with this well-known, market leading brand, as we support them through their growth phase in the recruitment of a UK Director of Business Performance, based in Lutterworth. This is a newly created role, that offers fantastic exposure to unique and autonomous projects.
The primary purpose of this role is to drive strategic and tactical direction and improved business performance. You will view and report on the external market, customers, competitors, and suppliers, developing business plans. You will agree business targets for all areas of the business to meet objectives, using MI to anticipate market issues & drive the business to implement mitigating actions. This is a key role working with the members of the Senior Leadership Team.
Reporting into the CFO, you will be an ambitious, commercially-minded Director and Partner, with proven experience of building strong relationships within the non-financial stakeholders to take a joined up, proactive approach. You will be a true financial leader, taking ownership of the delivery of business and financial targets.
- Responsible for the annual budget and delivery of the UK forecasting cycle.
- Develop and agree customer and pricing strategy and implementation plan.
- Responsible for strategy and plans and implement acquisitions and disposals to deliver.
- Work with the sales and operations teams to use MI and insight to drive business performance. Understand and report on business plan deviation and ensure delivery of improvement actions.
- Ensure delivery of the team objectives. Provide day to day line management, supervision and coaching for reports ensuring a clear set of priorities and targets are communicated and regular review sessions are implemented to drive performance.
- Forge a strong relationship with internal and external stakeholders.
- Contribute to the development and pursuit of strategic finance goals, through capital allocation and commercial decision making.
- Ideally ACA/ACCA/CIMA qualified or equivalent.
- Resilient self-starter who identifies problems and implements solutions.
- Strong business acumen to diagnose business performance issues & implement improvements.
- Credible and persuasive communication skills with proven ability to influence Senior Directors.
- Able to manage stakeholders at many levels within an organisation.
- Broader understanding of management accounts, business reporting and financial operations.
- Strong commercial acumen with the ability to interpret financials into meaningful business recommendations.
- Positive and resilient; enjoys a busy, fast-paced way of working.
- Contractually, you will be based in Lutterworth, and travelling to various sites across the UK, occasionally overseas.
- £80,000 - £90,000 salary
- Bonus up to 30%
- Car Allowance
- Private Medical Cover
- Opportunity to work with a market-leading, exciting brand with positive and down-to-earth culture
If this sounds like you, please call Sophie Evans, Gleeson Recruitment, on 07812 079718 for further information, or apply direct.