Gleeson Recruitment Group is currently working alongside a Business Services Organisation based on the Birmingham Business Park as they look to recruit a Cash/Banking Assistant to join them on a 6 month temporary basis.
Principle Accountability's are as follows:
- Daily cash flow forecast
- Processing and allocating payments inc BACS, CHAPS, Cheques, & Direct Debits
- Processing petty cash for centres
- Processing and reconciling corporate card statements
- Daily bank journals and reconciliation
- Centre banking reconciliation
- Phone payments & reconciliation
- Chip & Pin reconciliations
- Payments and reconciliation
- Treasury month end reporting
- Balance sheet reconciliations
- Queries from centres and other departments
- Ensuring all controls are maintained
- Providing input to continuous improvement within the department
- Proven experience of bank recs and cash management
- System skills including intermediate excel.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to identify issues and use initiative to solve problems
- Self-motivated team player with willingness to help others and go above and beyond their formal role.
- Exercise the up most discretion when dealing with confidential information
- Good arithmetic skills
- Organised and methodical approach to work