Coventry, West Midlands
£60000.00 - £70000 per annum + Bonus, Pension, PHS
about 1 month ago
This is an excellent high-profile Treasury opportunity within a large Corporate based in Coventry, West Midlands, where we are recruiting for a Treasury Reporting Manager.
Are you a Qualified Accountant, with a strong financial/ accounting background, who has moved into Treasury? Someone with experience of, and understanding of, the fundamentals of technical accounting, and a strong knowledge of accounting for treasury instruments?
If so, this could be an outstanding opportunity for you, offering a fantastic work environment, modern corporate offices, highly successful company, and strong career progression.
The Treasury Reporting Manager will ensure that all statutory, regulatory and accounting relating to the Treasury function is delivered within the required deadlines and that a robust control environment is maintained to ensure the reporting is accurate.
The key responsibilities of the Treasury Reporting Manager role are:
- Provision of prompt, accurate and relevant treasury information to enable effective decision making.
- Delivery of internal and external reporting in respect of treasury function in the statutory accounts, regulatory accounts and other external outputs.
- Responsibility for timely commentary and analysis of the specific aspects of the Treasury portfolio, and responsibility for input into the monthly Finance reporting to the Executive Board and senior management within Finance, Tax & Treasury.
- Maintain a close relationship with Treasury front end operations and Treasury back office through regular meetings understanding the activity and liaising on treasury related initiatives, including advising on implications on reporting and disclosures as required under GAAP.
- Redesign of treasury reporting processes.
- Perform a strategic review of the functionality of the Treasury system and consider whether fit for purpose.
- Provide technical financial accounting advice and guidance for Treasury. Maintain accounting policies and manuals and provide expert treasury accounting advice to ensure compliance and maximum value.
- Monthly update the debt covenants for treasury reporting data and commentaries.
- Support treasury analysis for Tax Dept., for inclusion in the annual company tax returns submitted to HMRC.
We are seeking a fully qualified Accountant (ICAEW/ ICAS/ ACA/ CA/ ACCA/ CIMA) with strong technical skills, and proven exposure to Treasury Reporting and/or Treasury Operations. The AMCT qualification would also be highly desirable, though not essential.
Technical skills will include:
- Extensive experience of accounting for a large debt portfolio.
- Familiarity with hedge accounting for cross currency swaps.
- Experience of running a month end process.
- Experience of preparing treasury related disclosures for statutory accounts.
Also desirable would be:
- Experience of budgeting/ forecasting.
- Process improvement experience.
- Experience of hedge accounting under IFRS 9.
- Understanding of index linked debt/ swaps.
The salary for the Treasury Reporting Manager role will be £60-70,000 (dependant on experience), plus a discretionary bonus (company and personal performance based), strong contributory pension scheme, private medical cover, and 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays on top), plus many other benefits included to financially enhance your package.
If you are interested in finding out more about this excellent Treasury Reporting Manager role, based in Coventry, West Midlands, please apply with your CV at your earliest convenience. Or feel free to get in touch with me directly via Linked In with any questions.
This Treasury Reporting Manager role is based in Coventry, West Midlands, and is easily commutable from Warwickshire, such as Rugby, Leamington Spa, Warwick; Northamptonshire; Leicestershire, especially South Leicester and South West Leicester, and South Staffordshire.