Birmingham, West Midlands
£28000.00 - £35000 per annum
3 months ago
Have you got experience within the Travel Trade industry? Are you passionate about promoting your region and leading major travel trade projects?
We are working in partnership with the West Midlands Growth Company and assisting with their requirement to hire a Trade Travel Lead, to work within the tourism team to drive the trade travel strategy for the region.
Opportunity for business travel to Australia, Canada and India to build relationships with key trade and press in-market and represent the region.
Reporting directly into the Tourism Industry Manager, the Travel Trade Lead will manage the travel trade engagement and events work stream for the tourism programme. This role is responsible for taking the regions travel trade-ready products to market, including helping businesses to shape and develop new product with knowledge of the target market in mind, and evolving sustainable relationships with appropriate distribution channels to ensure that the products are picked up by key agents and operators. This role will also be responsible for ensuring that the region is represented at relevant trade and sales missions in all target markets and aims to build awareness of and interest in the West Midlands and its visitor offer through press and familiarisation trips. You will be required to work with both the internal team and external partners like VisitBritain to ensure the successful delivery of these events.
Salary banding, up to £28,000 (we are considering part time applicants/ consultants). For more information please do get in touch.
Main responsibilities and deliverables:
- Overall project management for the travel trade engagement and events work stream - including board reports and presentations
- Stakeholder partnership engagement and management for your activities to ensure all key audiences are kept up to date and engaged
- Management of procurement processes including tendering for services to deliver the required project activity, managing these contracts and working alongside the contracted service where necessary to manage project-specific deliverables
- Delivery of a product development programme to bring new travel-trade ready product to market, supporting businesses and using industry knowledge to guide their development of appropriate product
- Managing business engagement, recruitment to the product development programme and support activities
- Shaping of itinerary building and managing contracting with DMCs or overseas tour operators / agents
- Development of collateral and tools to aid sales activity
- Responsible for successful delivery of external events i.e. sales missions for the travel trade work stream and ensuring these are delivered in line with the programmes overall branding and agreed messaging
- Delivery of press visits and familiarisation trips for key agents and operators from target markets
- Build strong, cross-functional relationships to ensure a collaborative approach and drive for combined programme activity, e.g. sales/trade missions
- Close work with internal teams to achieve successful outcomes in the following areas: marketing and communications, research, monitoring and evaluation
- Report against key milestones, deliverables and outputs, providing evidence as required by DCMS and WMCA to receive the funding, as requested by the Programme Team
For more information, please don't hesitate to contact me at
To apply for the Travel Trade Lead position, please click on the apply now button and your CV will be sent directly to the responsible recruiter. We will respond to successful applicants within 7 days, however please feel free to get in touch if you would like any further information about your application.