Birmingham, West Midlands
3 months ago
Excellent opportunity for a Transactions Team Leader based in the Birmingham City Centre. The role is temporary for 6 months initially.
- Managing a team of 4
- Prepare and issue report of rejected purchase orders. Scheduling interventions and other group activities
- Prepare and issue report of late purchase orders.
- Review 50 supplier reconciliations and follow up outstanding.
- Prepare/review Bank on daily basis.
- Liaise with Banking relationship manager and make amendments to bank mandate in accordance with Delegation of Authority.
- Clear entries from Backload suspense account to appropriate accounts including dealing with miscellaneous single sided entries such as direct debits etc.
- Prepare the issue of Urgent Payment manual cheques, Foreign Bank Drafts and Clearing House Automatic Payments System (CHAPS) payments and negotiable instruments as required.
- Assist in a range of year-end procedures. Responsibilities include checking nominated Control A/c balances including: Cash at Bank, Bank Load A/c, Dishonoured Cheques suspense, Payroll Control A/c, Direct Income Hold A/c, Income Tax, National Insurance, Superannuation Control A/cs, etc., taking action to resolve any unexpected balances.
- Prepare and input journals to finance system in relation to bank reconciliations and other financial matters.
- Set up Direct Debit arrangements with other organisations as and when required.
- Support, co-ordinate and manage the monthly commitment accruals
- Any other duties that may arise from time to time to be directed by Head of Finance or from Business Units.
- To complete VAT returns on quarterly basis.
- Production of weekly cash flow for the group
- Cash flow forecasting including daily management of the treasury facility and working capital of the business
- General experience of working in fast paced accounting environment.
- Experience of managing Purchase Leger team and possess strong leadership skills.
- Experience of working to tight month end reporting deadlines.
- Experience of bank rec's, supplier rec's supplier payments, invoice processing, Journal processing.
If you are available on a short notice period and interested, please apply.