Birmingham, West Midlands
£33000 - £35000 per annum + Excellent benefits
26 days ago
An experienced Transactional Manager is required for a 12 month contract for our client based in Birmingham City Centre.
You will be required to cover a secondment period and be looking for your next opportunity to start as soon as possible.
Ideally you will have extensive one to one management skills and confident with process improvement and procedures; duties to to include:-
- Manage and own all income and payment transactions
- Ensure the robustness and control of key finance systems namely Coda GL, Coda AR
- Ensure the correct accounting and control of back office policy systems into the financial ledgers
- To maintain effective, auditable controls over transactions, minimising risk and ensuring that monies received and paid are reconcilable to the nominal ledger. Ensure the appropriate review, investigation and resolution to discrepancies.
- Control Accounts are managed and reconciled on a timely basis.
- Manage the month end transaction process.
- Manage the purchase ledger and suppliers.
- Build strong inter business unit relationships to ensure process issues are resolved on a timely basis and improve processes.
- Monitor cash-flow and chaps payments and liaise where issues are identified.
- Ensure process notes are reviewed on a timely basis and updated accordingly.
- Ensure SLA's (Service Level Agreements) are reviewed and updated on a timely basis.
- To provide the necessary explanations to both internal and external auditors.
- To ensure the accurate and timely returns to HMRC where appropriate.
- Coordinate the overall work performed within the Transaction Team.
- Manage the Transaction team and provide support where required.
- Conduct monthly 1:1's and comply with performance review requirements.
- Ensure that regular team meetings are held.
- Ensure relevant KPI's are established to monitor the performance of the team and these are reviewed on a timely basis.
- Ensure continuous improvements underpin the team and strive for quality process improvements.
This role will be paying £33,000 - £35,000 plus excellent benefits for the right candidate.