Transactional SSC Project Manager
Purpose of the Role:
Implement a shared services function in the Coventry across AP, AR & Cash Collection
- Assess the current systems, structure, skills & controls in place across the Group in AR / AP & Cash Collection and provide a recommendation of a new shared services structure to put into place. Provide a recommendation on which AP / AR system to use.
- Implementation of new shared service centre dealing with all issues, seeking support where required.
- Implementation of a new AP / AR system via the new shared service centre
- Ensure any new structure has effective systems, processes and controls in place such that sales invoices are raised accurately and on time, strong and effective credit controls are in place to limit risk and ensure cash is collected on time
- Responsible for ensuring that the shape and skills of the AP and AR teams are fit for purpose
- Ensure accurate and timely postings to the ledgers and that supplier, customer and control accounts are regularly reconciled
Skills and Competences
- Experience of setting up a shared service centre
- Strong IT skills. Must have knowledge of best in market transactional systems used in shared service centres
- Good communicator with and ability to build strong and effective working relationships & deal with the expected impact on the existing team
- Proven ability to project manage & deliver change and improve MI systems and controls
- Manufacturing Industry background would be preferred, but not essential