4 months ago
Our client, a global leader in forging parts for the aerospace markets is looking to expand their tooling team with a Tooling supervisor to assist in managing their internal tooling department.
Scope and Responsibilities
- Manage health and safety issues in line with HSE & Company standards
- Motivate, support and lead the team through coaching and mentoring.
- Lead the team in setting work standards / processes,
- Facilitate team measurement of performance
- Assist and facilitate training to develop team members
- Ensure data collection is visible, relevant, up to date and accurate.
- Manage and resolve Industrial Relations issues at a local level.
- Manage local team budgetary spend
- Manage and control production resources
- Support continuous improvement activities
- Control budgetary spend across Toolroom.
- Work closely with cells to ensure dies are kept/returned/logged correctly
- Control dies sent out to sub-contractors.
- Liaise with maintenance on breakdowns
- Monitor and support Die maintenance programme
- Assist planner with daily capacity and forward capacity
- Arrange service agreements and PM schedules
- Work with engineering and design to reduce program times on all machines without affecting quality.
- Attend daily/weekly/monthly meetings
- Stand-in for toolroom manager as and when required.
- Control holidays and personnel issues
- To manage a team consisting of Team Leaders and shopfloor employees to support the Department Head in meeting and exceeding the areas targets in terms of Safety, Quality, Delivery, Costs and People (SQDCP).
Skills and Qualifications
- Knowledge of CNC machines.
- Knowledge of toolroom operations (grinding, milling, turning)
- Knowledge of dies and tooling
- Previous process leader position
- Management / leadership
If you are interested in finding out more about this exciting opportunity, please apply now with your most recent and up-to-date CV. Alternatively, you can email to arrange a confidential discussion.
*Please note you must hold the right to work in the UK to apply for this position.