Our client, a leading special purpose machinery manufacturer in Worcester, are looking the bolster their new in-house tooling function with a new toolmaker. You will be responsible for tooling maintenance and repair and will be the sole point of contact for tooling-related issues within the business.
- Tooling strip down and diagnosis for repair.
- Tooling improvements.
- Support the production areas in technical assessment of tooling issues.
- Preventive maintenance of tooling
- Complete tool reports and ordering of spare parts.
- Preventive maintenance of the shop's machinery.
- Implement modifications to machines if applicable.
- Fabrication of fixtures and spare parts for tooling.
- Maintain Spare parts system
- Maintain tooling standards and enhancements.
Experience & Qualifications:
- Previous tool making experience.
- Understanding of engineering drawings and manufacturing processes
- Experience working with or exposure to special purpose machinery.
- Planning and prioritising activities.
- Understanding of Health & Safety practices.
- Experience dealing with tight tolerances.
- Experience with milling and/ or turning.
- Able to work with the minimum supervision and to timescales.
- Understanding of production costs to include waste, downtime, scrap and re-work
If you are interested in finding out more about this exciting opportunity, then please apply now with your most recent and most up-to-date CV. Alternatively you can email to arrange a confidential discussion about this opportunity.
*Please note you must hold the right to work in the UK to apply for this position.