Birmingham, West Midlands
3 months ago
Are you a Test Engineer with a background in functional testing of mainline or metro railway signalling projects? If so, a Midlands based organisation who have been at the forefront of transport solutions for over 100 years are looking for you!
***Please note that Sponsorship and relocation support will be given***
As the Test Engineer, you will be responsible for mainline or metro railway signalling projects for the testing and commissioning period of the project lifecycle.
The Test Engineer will have the following responsibilities:
- Ensure health, safety and environmental requirements are adhered to at the site depot and individual work sites
- Promote a zero accident/incident culture and environment
- Ensure that testing and commissioning is carried out and recorded
- Ensure the quality of the testing and commissioning procedures are in accordance with SRA, client, manufacturers and legal procedures, processes, regulations and standards
- Liaison with control systems and other multi-disciplined teams across the business
- Communicate effectively with the Project Engineering Manager and Design Engineers in respect of design issues associated with testing
- Liaise with the Site Manager and installation engineers in regards to installation issues associated with testing
- Maximise the efficiency of site testing resources under their control
- Management of testing teams as allocated
Skills required or the Test Engineer:
- HNC/HND/Degree/ONC/NVQ level 3 or equivalent
- IRSE Licensed as Functional Tester is essential
- Experience in site testing of mainline or metro railway signalling projects for the testing and commissioning period of the project lifecycle
The Test Engineer role offers a strong benefits package combined with a highly competitive salary.
If you would like to know more, please apply or contact Neil Cayley on 07527257851 or email