Temporary Works Engineer
An opportunity has arisen for an experienced temporary works engineer with around five years' experience of temporary works to join a reputable engineering consultancy in the West Midlands area.
The main purpose of this temporary works engineer role is to manage and perform all aspects of temporary works design on projects from tender stages through to their construction phases.
- Provide in-house dedicated support on temporary works designs.
- Work collaboratively with subcontractors, permanent works designers and consultants, to ensure a professional and driven approach to management of temporary works projects.
- Provide support to our clients through the design and build phase to review the initial scope of temporary works and advise on buildability issues.
- Understand client requirements in great depth in order to develop safe and efficient temporary works designs in accordance with UK and EU codes.
- Checking, reviewing, approving and certifying temporary works designs by staff in-house and other external designers.
- Prepare temporary works calculation reports
- Provide technical guidance to less experienced engineers.
- Visit sites as/when required to inspect works and/or resolve issues that may arise during construction.
- Support a team to deliver safe temporary works solutions to specified design briefs.
- Minimum 5 years' experience in temporary works design.
- Confident with design and analysis software
- UK driving license
If you are interested please apply below or contact Raluca on 07359 152609.