Our well-established, highly regarded and award winning Financial Services client, based in Kingston upon Thames, are seeking an experienced Qualified Accountant (or Finalist ACCA/CIMA) for 9 months to work on a newly created project within the Finance team.
Working closely with the well-regarded, experienced finance team, and working closer with the transactional teams and Finance Manager, you will ideally have worked within a Financial Services business previously and be available at short notice to start this role. Due to COVID-19 restrictions, this role will be working from home throughout this assignment.
As an Interim Accountant your role will be varied, interesting and also challenging, and will include:
Assist with month end process and activities including the lease accounting entries.
- Assisting the finance team with month-end processed and activities including the lease accounting entries
- Performing daily balance sheet reconciliations
- Assisting with the VAT return for all registered entities
- Liaising with providers of the lease administration system, building a relationship and working with the IT teams to improve reporting
- Checking all payment requests, ensuring adequate documentation
- Control accounting
- Preparing and checking settlements as well as part settlements and variation calculations
- Maintaining fixed asset register and movement in work in progress
- Accruals and prepayments
Ideally you will come from a similar Financial Services or Leasing background, within the Financial Services industry and be able to add value to this established team.
The ideal profile of this Lease Accountant will include:
- Previous experience of working in a similar Accounting role
- Qualified/Finalist ACA or ACCA or CIMA
- Knowledge of working within the Leasing and Financial Services industry
- Advanced Excel skills
- Strong financial accounting experience
- Enthusiastic, proactive, flexible and accurate