Manchester, Greater Manchester
£30000.00 - £36000.00 per annum + package
27 days ago
Technical Support Engineer (Rail Sector) Manchester
Our client, a world-leading rolling stock manufacturer, is looking to expand their engineering team with additional technical support engineers. The successful applicant will provide engineering support to the business and undertake engineering activities in line with company standards and specifications for a wide range of world-renowned products and services.
- Competitive base salary of between £30,000 and £36,000 depending on experience
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays (with optional buy/sell scheme)
- Company bonus scheme
- Flexible hours
- 5% contribution to pension
- Death in service and private medical cover
- Cycle to work scheme
- Annual Flu vaccinations
What will you do?
- Lead customer engineering meetings
- Build and maintain strong relationships with customer counterparts
- Work to product standards and specifications
- Compiling comprehensive technical reports
- Undertake document and drawing reviews including clause by clause reviews of new/ updated specifications
- Provide support to contract variations and concessions
- Resolving Customer/Supplier/Internal technical queries
- Support product improvements to improve company standards and performance
- Support special investigations including joint investigations, National Incident Reports and warranty issues
- Support the implementation of new wheelset classes into the production area
A bit about you
- A Technical Degree, preferably in Mechanical Engineering
- Able to interpret engineering drawings and specifications
- IT literate and familiar with Microsoft office software
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient in the use of AutoCAD and SolidWorks desirable but not essential
If you are interested in finding out more about this exciting opportunity to be a part of a world leading business in the rail sector, the please apply now with your most recent and up-to-date CV.
*Please note you must hold the right to work in the UK to apply for this position.