4 months ago
Technical Sales Manager - Coventry - Automotive - Permanent
Are you a Technically Minded Sales Manager with a background in manufacturing looking to take the lead in driving business new opportunities? If so, then a Coventry based components manufacturer who specialise in the Automotive, Aerospace and Defence sectors needs you!
As the Technical Sales Manager you will posses not only a sound engineering background, but also a commercial prowess whereby you are able to identify opportunities from a technical perspective and communicate confidently with customers. The incumbent will work closely with the businesses engineering and commercial teams to manage market research, and the delivery of pre-sales, tenders and bid activities.
Responsibilities of the Technical Sales Manager
- Research the market and actively seek opportunities for new business. Undertake analysis of the competitive environment and consumer trends.
- Design sales strategies and implement sales plans to realise opportunities.
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with customers, stakeholders, and key suppliers, qualifying new sales leads.
- Act as the key point of contact for client enquiries for non-core business and develop client proposals in conjunction with the Head of Business Development and Technical leads.
- Negotiate with customer representatives at the most senior level on both technical and contractual issues.
- Ensure adherence to commercial governance for bidding, winning, and launching new projects.
- Develop the pre-sales, scoping and technical definition of opportunities. Ensure that reliable cost, effort and risk estimates and project plans are produced.
- Perform all sales support activities, taking full responsibility for the technical content of bids and sales proposals.
Requirements for the role of Technical Sales Manager
- Previous experience of working in a client facing role with senior level customers.
- Automotive industry experience is preferred ideally within manufacturing or vehicle engineering.
- An understanding of the design, build and operation of vehicle under body/chassis systems, battery systems and/or other vehicle fabricated systems.
- Experience of meeting targets in a commercial environment.
- Experience of client management to deliver growth and high-quality customer service.
- Communication skills (verbal and written) with the ability to build relationships at various levels and influence both internal and external stakeholders.
This is a fantastic opportunity for anyone looking to play a key part in further extending the business portfolio by utilising an entrepreneurial approach combined with can do attitude.
If you would like to know more about the Technical Sales Manager role, please apply or contact Neil Cayley on 07527257851 or email