West Midlands, England
about 1 month ago
Gleeson Recruitment Group have just been briefed on a fantastic Technical Project Manager position working with a highly respectable client within the professional services sector based in the Midlands.
As a Technical Project Manager within our clients IT team, you will manage and deliver predominately technical / infrastructure projects within time and cost constraints.
The Technical Project Manager will be responsible for:
- Liaising between business stakeholders, IT Team members, 3rd party suppliers, clients and others as required to deliver IT projects for the business and / or its clients.
- Ownership of work breakdown structure, production of estimates, project plans, technical plans and requirements, finances, risk & contingency, scope management and change control.
- Preparation of project management products (PID, status reports, change control notes, Business Case, BRS, Test and other key documentation).
- Clearly articulating business requirements, business process, delivery plans and the benefits cases for programmes of work.
- Communicating in language that is appropriate to the audience.
- Identifying, contracting with and management of 3rd parties to deliver solutions for the business as necessary.
- Ensure projects create all necessary documentation to enable the IT Service team to fully support the solution after the project has concluded.
- Supporting wider IT team at times with tasks that might be outside of core role description.
- To be aware of and comply with the company's policies and procedures
Key Skills & Experience
This opportunity would ideally suit an individual from a professional services background with experience of working with IT networking, Infrastructure and / or security teams. The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the following:
- Excellent problem analysis, system design, troubleshooting and resolution skills.
- Project planning, estimation, requirements gathering, and business case writing.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrable experience in delivering end to end Infrastructure, Networking or IT Security projects.
- Requirements gathering.
- Ability to communicate complex technical concepts to stakeholders of varying degrees of technical understanding.
- Able to build trusted relationships with C-level stakeholders.