Leamington Spa, Warwickshire
£25000 - £47000 per annum + great benefits!
3 months ago
Our client is a global leader within their industry and strives to work with collaboration and innovation at the heart of everything that they do. They are now looking for a Technical Financial Accountant to join their Finance Team in their Leamington Spa office.
This is a key role in the delivery of special finance projects within the UK financial control environment. The role requires technical accounting and financial reporting experience along with project management skills to ensure that projects meet all internal and external stakeholder requirements.
A Technical Financial Accountant will gain exposure to Business Partnering with:
· FP&A, Regulatory Finance, Group Finance teams teams
· Other members of the Financial Reporting team.
· Business Services including RtR
· External auditors
A Technical Financial Accountant will also gain exposure to:
* Implementing new accounting standards, maintaining accounting policies and ensuring compliance and maximum value for the company.
* Preparing position papers, applying current and forthcoming accounting standards, and accounting policies to the activities and transactions of the UK business.
* Developing accurate timetables, transparent assumptions, key performance metrics and guidance to ensure that the delivery of key UK financial control projects meet agreed timescales and customer requirements.
* Assisting with the preparation of the annual plc and subsidiary Statutory Accounts, Regulatory Accounts, and other external reporting matters required by legislation, listing rules, licences and external regulatory bodies.
* Assisting on the continuous improvement as a Centre of Excellence by defining, developing, implementing, maintaining and executing financial reporting processes, proactively seeking opportunities to enhance operational efficiency through best practice.
* Assisting with the establishment of training and support processes, enabling the spread of accounting expertise to all parts of the UK business.
Technical Financial Accountants will ideally:
- Be ACCA/CIMA Qualified or Finalist (ACA, ACCA or CIMA).
- Solid understanding and experience in dealing with and concluding on technical accounting queries and accounting standards.
- Excellent Communication skills.
In return for your skills the client is offering a salary up to £47,000 and an excellent benefits package.
If you are interested do submit your CV and feel free to get in touch:
☎+44 (0) 121 752 9968 / +44 (0) 7904 480 058 ✉