Birmingham, West Midlands
Up to £60000.00 per annum + PLUS benefits
about 2 months ago
Technical Architect - Fully Remote - £60K
Gleeson Recruitment Group are working with a Global Learning Services company who are building out their Architecture team and looking for a Technical Architect to join them in their growth.
Reporting to the Head of Architecture and working alongside the Solutions Architect you will be designing, developing and documenting complex operational infrastructure architectures that meet the evolving IT requirements of the organisation. Working with internal and external parties to assess, document and remediate the organisation's current Infrastructure, network, voice, unified communications and supporting services.
They are looking for someone with a technical background within infrastructure or development as both will be involved in the role. You will be taking requirements and developing them into technical designs while working with teams to guide them and offer assurance in decision making.
- Defining and documenting infrastructure architecture within guidelines and principles set by the Architecture Board through the Head of Architecture
- Continuously striving to simplify architecture to improve staff's end user experience, by the implementation of simpler, more effective, and considered responses to business requirements and implementing re-use of existing technology where possible.
- Work with the Architecture function to provide all Low-level Design (LLD) documentation, and support with the High-level design (HLD)
- Work with the Azure Specialist, who is the Subject Matter Expert (SME) for Azure Technical expertise to support with LLD Documentation
- Developing comprehensive technical reports outlining proposed methodologies to achieve desired outcomes.
- Providing technical planning advice to IT peers in relation to their needs, current system performance and required solution
- Maintaining an excellent knowledge of industry/vendor products and solutions within the networking and communication sphere, and identify relevant improvement opportunities for the benefit of the business
- Evaluating the potential of new products and services to enhance or supersede existing infrastructure.
- Providing ongoing support and guidance associated with the organisation's existing architectures.
- Reviewing technical infrastructure or system designs to ensure consistency with set standards and policies.
- Providing technical planning advice to business units in relation to their needs, including up front analysis of needs and hardware/software recommendations.
- Understanding of the development of a solution to fit business needs, especially around how the technical architecture (network, server etc.,) can best support the solution.
- Support the IT Project team in providing detailed description on Low Level Design and build tasks, and with the completion of any Data Protection Impact Assessments (DPIA) or related documentation.
- Industry relevant experience and/or qualifications is a bonus (i.e. TOGAF, CCNA, Azure etc.)
- Experience with Azure / Dynamics 365 also desirable but can be taught.
Opportunity to joining a great team and make a difference. Please apply ASAP If interested. GleeIT