Birmingham, West Midlands
£65000.00 - £75000.00 per annum + 6k Car & Bonus
2 months ago
Gleeson Recruitment Group are supporting a large international organisation in Birmingham to recruit a Tax Manager who will be responsible in managing the direct tax affairs of the UK based group companies. The Tax Manager will also support the Head of Tax by advising on all UK projects, acquisitions, disposals, restructurings, International tax issues including transfer pricing and detailed analysis.
The business has a collaborative and supportive environment which will offer any new starters enough time to adapt to their culture and become an integral part of the team. The business operates worldwide with a large presence in Europe where a number of key relationships will need to be built. The line manager has a wealth of experience and is happy to provide as much support as needed.
The business has several key projects in the pipeline and the Tax Manager will be an essential part of the team to ensure they're a success.
Tax Manager in Birmingham responsibilities:
- Managing the relationship with HMRC on direct taxes including enquiries, responses to consultations and influencing HMRC in changes to legislation
- Advising on direct tax matters for new project development opportunities, acquisition, disposal and restructuring activities within the group, including review of financial models, structuring advice and review of legal documentation
- Advising on international tax issues including transfer pricing
- Preparation of tax disclosures for UK statutory accounts and preparation of UK Corporation Tax returns
- Preparing the tax input into quarterly and year end reporting to group and the 3 year corporate plan
- Work closely with other functions (accounting, legal, HR & business units) to understand business activities and needs, advising accordingly on all direct tax issues
- Analysing UK corporation tax and EU direct tax developments, monitoring the changes in accounting standards and advising the team on of their impact, and giving guidance on appropriate actions
- Supporting on direct tax services provided to the business in the UK by both internal and external audit/advisory teams from the major firms
The right person for the Tax Manager role will have a wealth of experience working with large organisations and has an up to date understanding of recent tax requirements. An ACA or ACCA qualification will be essential for this role and CTA qualification will be an advantage. The ability to build relationships and an interest in progression in a tax focused role will be important.
Tax Manager in Birmingham Package
- £65 - £75,000
- Upto 20% Bonus
- Car allowance
- 26 days holiday