Birmingham, West Midlands
£60000 - £70000 per annum
3 months ago
Are you an Interim Tax Manager who is immediately available and looking for you next interim assignment? Gleeson Recruitment Group have partnered with a distribution business based in Birmingham to support them in the search for a Tax Manager on a 12 Month interim basis.
As the Tax Manager you will provide in-house tax management for the business in respect of VAT, corporation tax, deferred tax and transfer pricing, and any taxation impacts on new and existing commercial contracts. You will also work with the finance team and the wider business to minimise tax risks to the Group.
As the Tax Manager your responsibilities will include:
- Reviewing commercial contracts from a tax perspective, providing input and advice on tax issues
- Ensuring adequate processes and controls are documented and are in place to allow calculation of various taxes
- Ensure compliance with tax, regulatory, legal and audit requirements, including reporting
- Preparation of statutory accounts in terms of disclosures relating to taxation
- Understanding the tax impact on the Group of overseas subsidiaries and liaising with them and their tax advisors
- Work with the business and finance teams to implement policy and procedures to support compliance with legal obligations and mitigation of tax risks, particularly in respect of transfer pricing
- Ensure compliance with tax, legal and regulatory requirements
- Provide operational guidance relating to international indirect tax risks and opportunities to business and finance teams
- Provide training to finance managers and finance teams on tax topics
- To prepare and submit monthly VAT Returns to HMRC, building relationships and responding to any queries as appropriate
- Prepare and submit annual corporation tax returns and R&D claims
As the successful Interim Tax Manager you will have the following:
- Previous experience in a similar Tax Manager role and be able to demonstrate how you can hit the ground running.
- Be a qualified accountant (ACCA/ACA/CIMA or equivalent)