Systems Accountant - MS Dynamics 365
We are delighted to be recruiting for a leading property services group in Wokingham, who are looking to hire an experienced Systems Accountant to join a dynamic new division which provides pre and post acquisition integration and support.
Reporting to the Head of Finance for their newly formed team, this is a superb opportunity to shape, build and develop a best in class department.
- Experience of working with or implementing D365 Finance & Operations, or earlier versions
- Experience of data migration
- Analytical and a passion for interrogating systems and data
- You do not require a professional accounting qualification but essential you have sound knowledge of accounting practices
Reporting directly to the Head of Finance Integrations within this new team you will also have extensive exposure across the group where you will support a number of different departments including the D365 Finance Implementation Project team and a third-party IT support company.
Duties as a Systens Accountant - Dynamics 365:
The ideal candidate will have a broad knowledge of a finance function and a keen interest in improving the way a finance function works and its ability to serve the business as a collaborative business partner.
- This role will play an important part in the successful running of the recently implemented D365 Finance & Operations accounting system. You will manage and maintain the D365 finance systems and lead the implementation of Phase 2 of the system development alongside the existing implementation team.
- This role will work together with the finance team to define and scope system enhancements such as budgeting/forecasting, reviewing the suitability of implementing add-ons to the current system e.g. a full PO system; as well as working through our snag resolution. Once identified you will work together with the project team and the Head of Finance Integrations to formulate and cost a plan which, once signed off, you will drive the implementation of.
- A key task within this role will be driving the migration of any new acquisitions from their existing finance systems onto the accounting system. Alongside this you will provide training to acquisition staff prior to their migration to D365 Finance to ensure they are competent with system processes and controls
- Additionally, you will be responsible for maintaining and enhancing the systems infrastructure, by proactively engaging with the team and the business to identify new system and process improvement. This will be done in collaboration with our outsourced IT support provider
Other day to day activities will include: -
- Updating roles and responsibilities within the system as team members roles change and new employees start.
- Reviewing system automated workflows and batch processes to identify and resolve issues
- Maintaining the Account Structures and Accounting Calendars and create new nominal accounts / cost centres / divisions / reporting periods as required
- Responsibility for Year End routines and managing period close
- Liaising directly with auditors to extract data and supporting information to answer audit questions.
- Co-ordinating and managing any change requests from the business to include sign of from senior finance, UAT testing and where appropriate providing training and support for new function on go live
- Strong team player, form a part of a small and highly skilled team
- Open, honest and constructive communications style
- Self-starter - get the job done, with minimal supervision
- Flexibility, as in any project scope and timescales may change
- Strong attention to detail
- Proactive problem identification and resolution
- Good sense of humour
They are currently trialling a hybrid approach to working with three days in the office near Wokingham and an opportunity to work from home for two days a week. You may need to travel occasionally to acquisition locations to support the migration of data and the move onto D365.
Please contact me for a full job specification and for further details.