£43000.00 - £50000.00 per annum
about 1 month ago
Gleeson Recruitment group are pleased to be supporting a well-known household name business looking to add two new Systems Accountants into their Warwick based finance Team. This is an exciting opportunity to join a future focused, forward-thinking business who support their team through offering not only market leading benefits but outstanding progression, too.
The successful Systems Accountant will be based in the Warwick offices on a hybrid, full time basis, and offered a salary of between £43,000 - £50,000 plus bonus, depending on experience. If you are SAP savvy and looking for a clear progression plan, please read on.
As the Systems Accountant, you will play a key part in ensuring accounting standards are upheld throughout the finance department. Whilst management exposure isn't crucial, proven ability to communicate to multiple levels of staff and pass on knowledge is key as you will have an Assistant Accountant reporting directly into you. Supported by the Assistant Accountant to manage financial processes and improvements, you will have visibility across the business. It's prudent you have the confidence to challenge stakeholders to allow developments to be implemented, and can liaise with all levels of management to collaborate on projects.
- Ensure service offering is provided in a reliable, responsive, and clear format
- Manage processes and business queries, engaging proactively with stakeholders to ensure the wider team is aligned to developments and changes to procedure
- Support auditors during audit period, including investigating and responding to queries
- Ensure accounting entries are appropriately classified in accordance with internal policy and accounting standards
- Manage delivery of the monthly close program, escalating delivery risk where appropriate
- Proactively engage with managed provider to close timetable, ensuring processes are completed within accordance to business controls
A bit about you:
- A finalist or qualified accountant (or QBE)
- Exceptional knowledge and experience of end-to-end accounting within complex finance functions
- Demonstrable experience with month end processes
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to liaise with all levels within the finance and non finance teams
- Knowledge of group or shared service centre functions would be advantageous
- Data driven, with the ability to break data down and present to key stakeholders
If the above sounds like an opportunity which would allow you to thrive, apply today for a confidential discussion.