Up to £45000.00 per annum
3 months ago
An opportunity has arisen for an accomplished Supply Chain Quality Manager to join the Business Improvement and Quality Team.
Reporting to the Head of BI&Q and working in conjunction with the Head of Supply Chain, the Supply Chain Quality Manager is responsible for the selection, Approval and Management of Suppliers to maintain continuity of supply, by managing key risks i.e. material obsolescence in support of protecting our production.
The key areas of responsibility for the role are:
- Be the primary interface between Suppliers and ourselves to ensure Quality of supply
- Take the lead on delivering improvement projects with the Top 5 Suppliers for ourselves
- Interface with internal departments such as Engineering, Procurement and Manufacturing to deliver improvements
- Support cost reduction & process improvement initiatives and design to cost activities with suppliers to achieve best value for ourselves
- Actively support initiatives to achieve robust supply chain across our Group
- Responsible for the management and completion of Supplier selection and Supplier audits
- Complete Buy off / source inspections where appropriate including associated corrective actions and root cause analysis
- Control and verification of special processes
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the following:
- Previous proven experience in a Supply Chain and / or Quality Engineering role
- Qualified to degree level or equivalent, ideally in an Engineering discipline
- Experience of working with relevant industry standards and management systems is essential, knowledge of EN9100 would be an advantage
- Experience of working within the Defence Industry
- Good customer relationship and interpersonal skills with an ability to work and communicate with people at all levels.
- Strong IT Skills
- Proactive, analytical and a logical problem solver
- Confident, professional
- Able to travel as required to Suppliers