My client, a global manufacturer of high value assemblies for the automotive industry are currently seeking a Supplier Development Engineer to work with their European supplier base.
The Supplier Development Engineer will join a truly global organisation with a group turnover of almost £3bn, working within the European purchasing department in a centralised Supplier Development team. Supplying a market-leading portfolio of products to a highly competitive industry, my client is looking to invest in the team in order to deliver strategic returns for both themselves and their suppliers, ensuring a mutually successful long-term relationship.
The Supplier Development Engineer will be responsible for working in partnership with large and small suppliers, managing relationship ranging from Managing Directors through to Process Engineers, in all cases ensuring the supplier is engaged in the collective activity and sees the value it will deliver to their own organisation. You will directly manage continuous improvement projects, ranging from minimising waste and maximising the efficiency of existing and new production processes to full lean implementation across client sites. You will also be responsible for leading workgroups in activities such as VA/VE and Design for Manufacture, should the opportunity for a shared benefit make it worthwhile.
As the successful Supplier Development Engineer you will demonstrate a full and rounded toolbox of Process or Manufacturing Engineering skills including PMFEA, Root Cause Analysis, Standard Operating Procedures, Lean Manufacturing, Continuous Improvement and Project Management. You will be a highly capable communicator who can demonstrate the ability to influence external stakeholders at a senior level, encouraging them to see beyond their demanding delivery schedules and at the longer term. My client is looking for:
- Experience working within a major 1st tier or OEM manufacturer supplying components and assemblies to industries including automotive, aerospace or general manufacturing markets.
- Fully rounded experience of all elements of Process or Manufacturing Engineering including new product introduction, process development & improvement, end to end management of lean manufacturing & continuous improvement projects and leadership of other value-added engineering activities.
- First class communication and influencing skills, demonstrable experience leading project based activities and developing buy in at all levels.
- Passionate and enthusiastic engineer with a desire to be part of an exciting, growing business.
- Have a track record and the ability to show cost reduction and savings within previous business either from the source of suppliers or CI/Lean activities within the plant.
As Supplier Development Engineer you will receive a basic salary between £50,000 and £60,000 plus a competitive benefits package including car and bonus. My client believes in investing in the development of their people and as a result of your own performance, you will have the opportunity to develop both locally, nationally and internationally.