South Derbyshire, Derbyshire
£24000.00 - £35000.00 per annum
3 months ago
Structural Engineer - Derby
My client has combined experience with innovation to provide the most practical and advanced range of Masonry Support products on the market and are excited to offer an opportunity for a dynamic Structural Engineer to join their fast paced and successful team based in Derbyshire.
Upon completion of internal training, the successful candidate will be expected to work using their own initiative and liaise directly with our customers. The role is full-time, 40 hours per week with the option to work flexibly once you have completed your internal training and feel confident.
Responsibilities and Duties
· Provide design for masonry support and lintels to the current standard for all products specified.
· Load assessment on lintels using 'BS5977-1: Method for assessment of load' based on Architect's and Structural Engineer's drawings.
· Specifying both standard and custom-made items.
· Design special steel lintels, windposts, preparing detailed sketches and drawings for approval using AutoCAD or/and Solidworks.
· Provide hand and software calculations including FEA.
· Conduct spot checks on products in manufacture and question the structural integrity.
· Provide technical customer service both internally and externally.
· Attend design meetings and sites to develop customer relationships.
· Collate information and prepare clear, structured technical reports on findings from site.
· Management of multiple projects with a pro-active client focus.
· Maintenance of all information/records required to ensure successful project running/completion.
· Carry out product presentations as a training aid to staff, customers and site installers.
Qualifications and Skills
· 2:1 Degree from Engineering-related discipline e.g. Structural, Civil Engineering
· Experience working with traditional materials: masonry, steel and concrete (desirable not
· Ability to deliver commercial structural projects.
· Able to read approval, construction and manufacturing drawings.
· Focused on Customer Service with excellent communication skills.
· Good organisational skills.
· Competitive & ambitious.
Salary and Benefits
· 32 holidays a year, inclusive of Bank Holidays (option to sell/carry over)
· The opportunity to progress your career within a fast growing, innovative Company.
· Staff rewards & discounts.
· Health Assured (Employee Assistance Program).
· Life Assurance.