£50000.00 - £58000 per annum
2 months ago
Do you have a strong technical accounting background? Are you looking for a new challenge?
I am currently recruiting for a Statutory Accountants for a large Financial Services organisation. This role will include the production of technically accurate and timely IFRS accounts for both individual group companies and the consolidated group.
As Statutory Accountant you will be responsible for:
- Reviewing the IFRS ledgers for both individual group companies and the consolidated group to ensure accuracy under IFRS.
- Communicating any requirements for journal postings to the Consolidation and Systems Specialist in your team, to enable them to liaise with the Finance Operations team to ensure that the ledger can be relied upon as a single source of the truth.
- Taking the accounts from trial balance to published statutory accounts format including production of disclosure notes, coordination of the internal review process and ensuring timely sign off of accounts by the Board.
- Implementing the production of re-designed disclosure notes under the guidance of the IFRS Technical Team.
- Identifying potential areas for improvement in the accounts, including disclosure notes, and referring these to the IFRS Technical Team for investigation.
- Producing and communicating analysis of the accounts versus prior periods and plan.
- Building strong working relationships with our auditors such that we our able to leverage greater benefits from the services they provide, in terms of tracking developments within IFRS and being well prepared heading into half year and year end audits.
- Responding to queries from our auditors.
- Driving continuous process improvement, by developing new processes and leveraging the capabilities of the new HFM reporting tool.
- Building relationships with internal stakeholders to raise the profile of the new IFRS reporting Team such that it is seen as the 'go to' source of information in relation to IFRS financial reporting.
As Statutory Accountant ideally you will have:
- A relevant qualification (ACA/ ACCA/ ICAEW/ ICAS/ CIMA)
- Experience working in a regulatory environment
- Knowledge of operation of General Ledger and policy transaction systems including journal preparation and posting
- Excellent communication including and the ability to engage with stakeholders at all levels
If you're keen on finding out more about this role please get in touch at or 07968997787