Birmingham, West Midlands
Up to £35000.00 per annum
10 days ago
Gleeson Recruitment Group is pleased to be working with West Midlands Growth Company in the recruitment of a Stakeholder Communications Manager.
Job title: Stakeholder Communications Manager
Contract: FTC - March 2023
WFH options: Hybrid
WMGC play a pivotal role in driving the West Midlands region forward. This is a unique opportunity to work for the region's Investment Promotion Agency, as it leverages the economic opportunities and global profile created by the Birmingham 2022 Commonwealth Games to attract investment and bring prosperity to the region.
The Stakeholder Communications Manager will take a leading role in ensuring collaborative, effective working with the Programme's strategic partners.
The role will be to forge strong relationships with stakeholders at all levels and enjoy being a central part of a much wider, fast-paced team of both communications professionals and delivery leads.
The role will require partnership working, excellent content creation skills and the desire to create PR that builds excitement surrounding the Business and Tourism Programme and wider Commonwealth Games.
- Develop a BATP stakeholder engagement plan that ensures all key audiences to the Programme are kept up to date and engaged with in a collaborative way, in order to meet the objectives of the Programme.
- Develop engaging content and engagement activities for BATP stakeholders, which includes maintaining core briefing documents, stakeholder newsletter and developing PowerPoint presentations for use in stakeholder working groups and steering groups.
- Build strong cross-functional relationships internally and externally to ensure a collaborative approach and drive for combined Programme objectives.
- Work with the wider communications team to ensure key stakeholder insight is shared with the wider business as required and supports internal communications.
- Work alongside the Head of Media and Communications as a lead for Programme reporting, capturing key stakeholder communication outputs and insights on CRM, and reviewing stakeholder engagement effectiveness.
- Provide ongoing project management expertise to inform and deliver stakeholder engagement activities and the associated reporting.
- Professional qualification or relevant degree, or equivalent experience
- Internal communications and cross-department working.
- Delivery of formal communications content for senior stakeholder and partner audiences
- The ability to build strong, trusted relationships with senior stakeholders by demonstrating a combination of technical skills and soft skills
- Excellent writing skills and attention to detail
- Excellent communication / relationship management skills
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment and manage multiple projects
- Agility to work across a multi-faceted programme
- Knowledge and experience in wider communications and PR, including media relations.
- Experience of managing challenges from multiple stakeholders
Please apply to this job advert if you are interested in the position. All applications are reviewed first hand and if successful will be taken to initial call.