Fully remote + benefits
about 1 month ago
SQL DBA (with Azure)- Fully remote
Gleeson Recruitment Group are working with an Environmental Services company who are growing rapidly and in need to of a SQL DBA with Azure experience.
This is a brand new role and huge opportunity to join a great organisation. They have created a system which helps to analyse and measure parts of the environment, running both in the UK and US. You will be the soul person doing this role so must be experienced enough to step in and hit the ground running.
They are looking for someone who is really wanting to really grow their career with the organisation. They can offer training and support in different areas and great perks / benefits with the role.
- Manage and maintain the corporate database infrastructure (currently Microsoft SQL Server).
- Hands-on database management and development, server configuration, systems analysis, technical report writing, systems testing, data quality auditing and correction.
- Implement data manipulation projects and processes to meet the business needs.
- Manage, maintain and ensure high availability of the corporate database estate.
- Ensure corporate databases are backed up and recoverable to allow minimal data loss in event of database related incidents (e.g. hardware failure, database or data corruption)
- Design, deliver and integrate database solutions to meet the needs of the organisation.
- Manage and deliver data import, export and data manipulation projects and tasks.
- Support and continue to develop the existing bespoke databases.
- Advise the Business Systems manager on appropriate new technologies for database storage, reporting, data management and information systems.
- Produce reports and data extractions as required using the most appropriate tools.
- Take user requirements and translate them into technical specifications.
· Experience backing up and restoring SQL Servers
· Experience managing SQL Database
· Ability to understand SQL, diagnose performance issues
· Ability to execute stored procedures, functions, triggers and joins
· Ability to create stored procedures, functions, triggers and joins
· Strong work ethic
· Collaborative approach
· Experience manipulating SQL database
· SQL Server disaster recovery exposure
They have recently migrated to Azure so must have strong experience with this. Any AWS is also a bonus.
Please apply ASAP if interested. GleeIT