Birmingham, West Midlands
£35000.00 - £40000.00 per annum
4 months ago
Looking for something dynamic, forward-thinking? Passionate about live sports events? Would you like to work on international sponsorship campaigns?
We are working with the West Midlands Growth Company exclusively, assisting with the hire of a Sponsorship Account Manager, in a fast-paced role, managing a range of high-profile sponsors.
Play a pivotal role in driving the West Midlands region forward. A unique opportunity to work for the region's Investment Promotion Agency, as it delivers a Business and Tourism Programme (BATP) to leverage the economic opportunities and global profile created by the Birmingham 2022 Commonwealth Games to attract investment and bring prosperity to the region.
This is an exciting and key role, where you will work with the Commonwealth Games sponsors and be responsible for the delivery of the Business and Tourism Programme sponsorship rights. The rights will be integrated into the Commonwealth Games Sponsorship packages, so you will work hand in hand with the organising committee for the Games, as well as the Department for International Trade across the 'UK House' programme
This is a contract role, running until June 2023.
Key duties and responsibilities of the Sponsorship Account Manager:
- Responsible for the Business and Tourism Programme (BATP) rights delivery for Commonwealth Games sponsors and ensuring sponsors develop a long term relationship with the West Midlands Growth Company
- Work closely with the Commonwealth Games organising committee to support the relationship management of Commonwealth Games sponsors with BATP rights
- Communicate continuously with internal workstream leads and other Account Managers to ensure they are kept up to date and have an input into sponsor plans, and any rights delivery challenges in a timely fashion
- Build relationships with key personnel at all relevant sponsors and provide a consistent and high level of support.
- Work with the internal BATP brand manager to ensure timely approval of sponsor materials
- Ensure sponsors are adhering to given deadlines for the delivery of BATP rights e.g. recommendations of speakers, invitations to events
- Post Games, support the organising committee debrief process, but continue to account manage the sponsor until programme completion work
- Substantial commercial experience in the operation of sponsor services and the delivery of sponsor rights in a major sport, business or cultural event
- Proven experience of working on behalf of B2B sponsors
- The ability to keep calm under pressure and work to deadlines.
- Project management experience in a sport/business/entertainment event context
- Strong people management skills, verbal and written communication and to be able to work effectively as part of a team.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, frequently under pressure, on multiple tasks
If you are excited by this opportunity and feel you have the required experience and skill set, then please feel free to apply.