Birmingham, West Midlands
£35000.00 - £40000.00 per annum
about 2 months ago
Gleeson Recruitment Group are pleased to be recruiting another exciting role for the West Midlands Growth Company. We are seeking a Sponsor Account Manager to join the team and support a specialised area of the business.
Job title: BATP Sponsor Account Manager
Salary: up to £40,000
Contract: Full time until June 2023
WFH: Hybrid and flexible option available
West Midlands Growth Company play a pivotal role in driving the West Midlands region forward. This is a unique opportunity to work for the region's Investment Promotion Agency, as it leverages the economic opportunities and global profile created by the Birmingham 2022 Commonwealth Games to attract investment and bring prosperity to the region. London 2012 and previous Commonwealth Games demonstrate the potential to drive tourism, trade and investment alongside the sport and culture. Funding has been secured to deliver a major Business and Tourism Programme (BATP) to attract visitors, investors and events to the West Midlands and the UK and grow export opportunities. This will be delivered in partnership at regional and national level, with funding secured in the Spring 2020 Budget and match funding from the West Midlands Combined Authority (WMCA).
The key role of BATP Sponsor Account Manager will be responsible for managing the expert delivery of the BATP rights for the major sponsors of the Games. Reporting into the Head of Account Management, you will be allocated global brands to manage throughout the programme. Although working for WMGC, you will also work hand in hand with the OC Sponsor Services team to ensure you provide the highest level of sponsor satisfaction through best-in-class servicing.
Outline of Responsibilities:
- Building, fostering, and maintaining strong relationships with Commonwealth Games and BATP sponsors
- Ensuring world class delivery of rights for contracted partners
- Work closely with the OC and their Sponsor Services Team to integrate BATP sponsorship rights into the OC practices and support the relationship management of Commonwealth Games sponsors
- Communicate and feedback continuously with Head of Account Management on sponsor key information, performance, and reporting
- Collaborate with DIT's account management function to ensure sponsors are integrated into the UK House programme and their rights are delivered
- Be an advocate across WMGC for the importance of sponsorship and role that sponsors can play to enhance the BATP
- Ensure sponsor's legacy programmes are as impactful as possible
The BATP Sponsor Account Manager will work alongside:
- Head of Account Management
- Sponsorship Director
- Portfolio Manager
- Previous experience in the operation of sponsor services and the delivery of sponsor rights in a major sport/business/cultural event
- Project management experience in a sport/business/entertainment event context
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, frequently under pressure, on multiple tasks
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to influence and manage relationships.
- A full suite of project management skills
- Strong communicator with excellent written and presentation skills
- Skilled at preparation of reports and presentation documents
- Highly collaborative and a reliable team member
- Confidence to challenge people and information, but adaptable and open to new ideas
- Comfortable and credible at engaging with all levels of business