Up to £55000.00 per annum
4 months ago
I'm currently working alongside a client based in Staffordshire, who is looking to secure two experienced Solutions Consultant to support the Sales and Pre-Sales teams and process by assisting in the sale of a wide range of technical solutions. Often this will include your involvement from pre-sales stage through to implementation.
This is an exciting opportunity to use your technical and solution design skills to really make a difference. The job will consist of an approximate breakdown of
* 70% Technical Pre-Sales
* 30% Technical solution design and delivery
The Solutions Consultant will be responsible for providing pre-sales technical support to customers by identifying their requirements and designing a commercially viable solution from leading industry standard technologies.
They will attend prospective customer meetings and will be expected to take a lead in technical discussions to propose the right solutions. You may also be responsible for the delivery of some of the solutions you have been involved in during the pre-sales stage and being the first point of contact for technical queries during the implementation phase.
This will be a varied, hands-on role which will see the successful candidate work on sales opportunities from Pre-Sales stage through to some implementation and delivery
What's expected of you?
* To provide technical pre-sales support on a wide range of technologies and solutions
* Overall technical responsibility for the implementation of all assigned projects by delivering post sales technical consultancy.
* To advise and recommend products and solutions to best fit the customer's requirements and introduce customers to new products and features available.
* To position solutions over the competition in terms of technology differences and commercial advantage.
* Develop technical knowledge within applicable technology stream to widen the area of expertise.
* Maintain high level of industry/business awareness through training and self-development.
What are you responsible for?
* Preparing Statements of Work and Bills of Material including estimating implementation days for projects and opportunities.
* Providing enterprise level solution designs through a range of technical Pre-Sales activities including customer meetings, proposal writing, responding to bid and tender submission.
* Translating customer requirements into technical designs and solutions.
* Continuously help develop solutions by providing feedback from the field.
* Conducting training and technical workshops for customers and internal teams.
* Understand competitor offerings and provide input to the Pre-Sales team on product positioning and differentiation.
* Attending and leading customer technical solution design and implementation meetings.
* Working with the Project Management team and relevant partners to deploy and implement technical solutions and services as designed either by Pre-Sales, themselves or another member of the Technical Services team across the public and private sector customer base.
* Providing Project Managers with regular project implementation updates.
* Creating detailed handover documentation for customers or Support teams
* Handling post-sales escalation and resolving issues, by coordinating and working with all internal and external stakeholders.
* Carrying out network surveys, audits and assessments.
What you will need (Qualifications / Skills):
* Full driving licence
* A BA/BSc undergraduate degree
What you will Need (Experience):
* Server virtualisation/Hyper visor experience such as Microsoft Hyper-V and VMware
* Proven ability to install, configure and troubleshoot variety of Windows Server OSs: 2003 through to 2019.
* Server migrations or reconfigurations including P2V, V2V cross platform, P2P
* Active Directory - Set up and troubleshooting all aspects of Active Directory and its associated services (GPO, DNS, DFS, DHCP) across different infrastructures.
* Hyperconverged platform experience
* Backup solutions experience including Veeam, and cloud backup options
* In-depth understanding and experience in the design and implementation of LAN and wireless solutions
* Experience of designing or implementing Microsoft Azure and Microsoft 365 based solutions
* Strong working knowledge of networking solutions from Cisco, Meraki, HPE Aruba
* Knowledge and experience of deployment solutions such as MDT/WDS with the ability to set up the WDS environment including SCCM/MECM
* Proven ability to lead technical implementations including configuration, troubleshooting etc.
* The ability to pick up new ideas and concepts quickly and develop them into commercial propositions.
* Minimum 3 years' experience working in a customer facing pre-sales, solution design and/or implementation role
If you are interested in this role please apply below!