Birmingham, West Midlands
£65000.00 - £70000 per annum + PLUS benefits
7 months ago
Solutions Architect - Fully Remote - £70K
Gleeson Recruitment Group are working with a Global Learning Services company who are building out their Architecture team and looking for a Solutions Architect to join them in their growth.
Reporting to the Head of Architecture and working alongside the Technical Architect, you will be designing, developing and documenting complex solutions that meet the diverse business requirements of the organisation. Working across the business to assess and document current architectures, and to develop target architectures to meet the medium and long term goals of the organisation. You will also support bids and new business with the development and implementation of solutions.
Your responsibilities will be working on the Digital, Data and Technology (DDaT) Architecture, experience with the development of DDaT solutions to meet business needs, meeting principles, standards and with regard to reuse is essential.
Other responsibilities include:
- Defining and documenting architecture within guidelines and principles set by the Architecture Board through the Head of Architecture.
- Ownership and development of solutions to meet the needs of business transformation and change, business development and DDaT.
- Work within the Architecture function to provide high level designs (HLD) for solutions, and to see those developed into low level designs (LLD) for implementation.
- Discover, document and analyse existing solutions and processes with all architectural domains seeking to make improvement recommendations.
- Developing architecture patterns to achieve business goals in a sustainable and replicable manner.
- Continuously striving to simplify architecture to improve participant, commissioner and staff user experience, by the implementation of simpler, more effective, and considered responses to business requirements and implementing re-use of existing technology where possible.
- Maintain an excellent knowledge of industry/vendor products and solutions, and identify relevant improvement opportunities for the benefit of the business.
- Evaluating the potential of new products and services to enhance or supersede existing solutions.
- Reviewing solution and system designs to ensure consistency with set standards and policies.
- Providing DDaT planning advice to business partners and pillars in relation to their needs, including up front analysis of needs and hardware/software recommendations.
- Support the IT Project team in delivery of solutions through design and planning work, and assist with the completion of any Data Protection Impact Assessments (DPIA) or related documentation where necessary.
- Support the Business Development team with solution expertise to support any Bid, whilst maintaining confidentiality of the Bid information.
- Liaison with the DDaT Operations team to ensure that solutions are sustainable and subject to continuous improvement.
- Work with information security colleagues to ensure that all solutions meet security and privacy by design principles.
- Work with outsource partners (where required) to deliver DDaT designs and solutions.
- Oversee third party solutions, ensuring a good fit for business requirements and existing systems.
- Collaborate with commissioners, supply chain partners and others to ensure that their requirements are reflected in the solutions designs.
Bid experience in the Public Sector and an understanding of the challenges around that would be ideal. You will be the technical authority when speaking with these external stakeholders so being comfortable in this environment is essential. (Any experience with Azure or D365 would be a bonus but not essential).
This is a great opportunity to join a growing team and company. Please apply asap if interested. GleeIT