Sole Counsel & Company Secretary role with an AIM listed, international business - £70,000 - £75,000 pa plus benefits.
(There is scope for the role to be 4 days a week)
This globally growing, engineering and equipment business is looking to hire its first Legal Counsel and dedicated Company Secretary to take responsibility for and advise on a broad range of legal, commercial and compliance matters in order to facilitate further international growth.
Reporting the the FD of this AIM listed business, you will enjoy a varied role, identify best practice and implement efficiencies across the group. The business is a leader in its field yet small and nimble enough to embrace change and provide a truly bespoke service to its customer base.
You will have a high level of interaction with the SLT and enjoy making a difference. Key ares will include
- Company Secretarial matters including legal entity management, corporate governance and statutory filings
- Commercial contract drafting, negotiation and management across a number of key areas particularly customers and suppliers
- Managing legal and compliance risks by designing policies and procedures
- Roll out of regulatory changes and compliance eg GDPR, anti-bribery
- Manage external partners where appropriate.
Ideally you will have 5+ years PQE with some experience gained in industry. A qualified lawyer or company secretary (ICSA) keen to take on a broad ranging role covering a number of company law matters and corporate governance.
You must have a flexible, agile approach, be a self -starter who enjoys rolling up sleeves.
As a smaller business, interpersonal, communication and collaboration skills will be key as well as the ability to truly influence a diverse set of stakeholders.
Head office location is Staffordshire/Derbyshire although expectation is to be in the office 2 or possibly 3 days a week as you get to really know the business.
Salary is c. 70-75k plus benefits, although there is scope to pay a little more if a more experienced lawyer is looking to work part-time.