£50000 - £60000 per annum + +plus car allowance and package
about 2 months ago
Are you a software solution architect looking for a new career path? Perhaps you are looking for new and exciting projects to work on? Maybe you want to work with a global name providing solutions to household names? Look no further.
Our client is a global leader in the design, manufacture, installation, and service of automated material flow equipment (such as conveyors and cranes etc.) within fully automated warehouses for worldwide brands and third-party logistics providers.
You will work within the software engineering teams, working with directly with customers, the sales and design team and engineering teams to work on upgrades and enhancements for software solutions on our clients existing project portfolio.
This role can be fully remote or office based depending on location.
- Works alongside the customer, sales team and design team to find, present, demonstrate, describe and estimate IT and software solutions for potential projects.
- Consults for IT concepts and software processes in the sales phase.
- Ensures that any requirement changes within the project are managed properly throughout the project lifecycle
- Supports testers in the evaluation of potential defects
- Defines software requirements and provides effort estimates
- Collaborates with software engineers to identify project gaps and related costs and elaborate potential solutions to bridge the gaps
- Writes software functional specifications and supports in writing functional test specifications and reviewing them
- Defines and documents change orders with the customer
- Works in accordance with the clients' standard concepts, standards, rules and tools within the division
- Ideally qualified to degree level in computer science, information technology or equivalent. Industry experience also accepted
- Working knowledge of IT system / software applications
- Some years of experience with software analysis, specifications, and requirements management.
- Some years of experience in consulting or system integration.
- Experience in software development, ideally with agile software development methodologies.
- Previous experience of working in a team providing software solutions in projects with tight budgets and timeframes.
- Knowledge of several software development methodologies and requirements management techniques.
- Knowledge of logistics and related processes or industry experience in the supply chain and/ or logistics industry
- Ideally, although not integral, some experience with or exposure to automated material/ mechanical handling systems such as conveyors, cranes, etc.
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity to be part of a highly skilled and professional team working for a global brand then please apply now with your most recent and up-to-date CV. Alternatively, you can contact Connor Jones on to arrange a confidential discussion.
*Please note you must hold the right to work in the UK to apply for this position - and hold a valid UK passport.