Our client, a global leader in expansion joint manufacture, is looking for a mechanical fitter/ engineer to join their small, but highly skilled team of site engineers to work across the UK (and internationally) within the power generation sector.
Reporting into the site manager, this role will involve extensive site travel (up-to-75%) across the UK and internationally. This role has a basic salary (negotiable) between £25,000 and £30,000 with a 30-50% increase in overtime. OTE for this role is between £35,000 and £40,000.
- Manufacture and installation of joints - Workshop / Power Station based works
- Comply with all Health and safety regulations whilst working on site and in the workshop
- Working at height / confined space / uneven surfaces
- Use of industrial equipment (I.e. grinding discs)
- Working in extreme temperatures / Seasonal outdoors
- Organising subcontractors and co-ordinating suppliers
- Holding working permits - responsible for all personnel on site, cannot leave post without authorisation. Or all personnel must down tools and leave site area.
- Cannot leave site area without permission from main supervisor.
- Carry out stock control and workshop organisation
- Preparing technical site visit reports
- Site works - installations, service, welding
- Mechanical Engineering qualifications
- 2 years mechanical practical workshop experience
- Experience of working on heavy industrial sites such as chemical, foundry, power gen, waste-to-energy, steel works etc. would be an advantage.
- Good communication skills at all levels and basic computer literacy
- Valid passport and driving licence is a must for site travel
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity to be part of a small but highly skilled team within a niche but fast-growing sector then please apply now with your most recent and up-to-date CV. Alternatively, you can contact Connor Jones on to arrange a confidential discussion.
*Please note you must hold the right to work in the UK to apply for this position - and hold a valid UK passport due to the travel requirements of this role.