SIOP & Materials Management Lead - Aerospace - West Midlands - Highly Competitive Salary
Are you a Supply Chain professional with a background in SIOP and Materials Management? If so, a West Midlands based Aerospace organisation who design, manufacture, and assemble precision flight systems are looking for you!
This key leadership position within the value stream is accountable for ensuring alignment between the customers demand and the value streams resources (direct and in direct).
As the SIOP & Materials Management Lead, you will be responsible for driving adherence to and maturity of SIOP and Materials Management processes within the value-stream. Cross-functional collaboration will be key within the role, to synchronise SIOP and Materials Management with upstream and downstream processes. In addition, aligned production plans will be pivotal to support SIOP strategy, satisfy the customer and provide clear line of sight for material requirements throughout the value-stream and external supporting functions.
The SIOP & Materials Management Lead will have the following responsibilities:
- Lead a team of professionals with a focus on performance management, development and succession planning activities to foster a high-performing culture
- Compliance to and maturity of a monthly SIOP process aligned to corporate guidelines and integrated across the value-stream functions
- Execution of demand management processes, eg. Customer Order Review, Forecasting, MAM
- Realistic MPS planning with consideration given for capacity and material availability, and linkage to external supplier and internal production rate readiness
- Drive ownership and maturity for load and capacity planning for both labour and machine resources
- Generation of accurate and achievable production plans aligned to overarching SIOP principles, material availability, production capacity and material kit availability
- Integrate with 3PL provider and campus central logistics to ensure alignment exists for lineback logistics, material kit availability and shipping requirements against Production Control requirements
- On-time and right first-time input into the financial L.E, Budget and Strategic plan process for sales, margin, hours and inventory
- Ownership for the inventory forecasting process and associated target setting for inventory and NITO
- Generate and maintain necessary SIOP and Materials Management KPI's on a daily / weekly / monthly basis
Experience required for the SIOP & Materials Management Lead:
- Experience of SIOP and Production Control processes
- Background experience in production / manufacturing
- Experience using ERP Systems, preferably SAP
- An understanding of lean techniques employed within a manufacturing environment
- Focus on process and associated inputs and outputs
- Strong customer focus, interpersonal and influencing skills
- Resilient in the pursuit of good performance under pressure
- Strong communicator who can operate across all levels of the organisation
- Build effective relationships cross-functionally
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
The SIOP & Materials Management Lead role offers a strong benefits package combined with a highly competitive salary.
If you would like to know more, please apply or contact Neil Cayley on 07527257851 or email