QHSE Manager - Stoke on Trent - Manufacturing - Permanent
Are you a QHSE Manager with a background in manufacturing looking to take the lead in driving a business forward? If so, then a Stoke on Trent based organisation needs you!
As the QHSE Manager you will possess not only a sound H&S background, but also a good quality understanding whereby you shall lead the development and implementation of Health & Safety, Quality and Environmental policies and procedures at the company, overseeing a management system that will actively deliver a safe working environment, customer satisfaction and ensure statutory compliance.
Responsibilities of the Technical QHSE Manager
- Continuously improve and maintain ISO9001 standard
- Participate in creating, reviewing and upgrading the quality standards, policies and procedures, keeping them up to date and ensuring highest standards are achieved.
- Maintain records of all audits performed and retain records of all written and documented quality standards, policies and procedures.
- Coach, motivate and challenge employees in the importance of quality and drive continuous improvement activities, supporting people to improve their processes.
- Determine audit schedules.
Health & Safety
- Continuously improve & maintain ISO 18001/45001 standard
- Review and maintain the Health and Safety policy, recommending and implementing improvements, maintaining up to date knowledge of current legislation
- Review the Health, Safety and Environment Policy Statements on an annual basis, making recommendations for change as appropriate
- Devise, develop and monitor effective Risk Assessment management strategies
- Complete statutory reporting e.g. RIDDOR
- Monitor H&S key performance indicators, providing management with statistical analysis and taking remedial action where necessary
- Arrange for all accidents, incidents and near-misses to be investigated, collate findings and approve course of action for prevention of recurrence
- Maintain a register of First Aiders and ensure the adequate provision of first-aid facilities
- Manage and maintain the COSHH database, ensuring COSHH statements are available on all hazardous materials and that effective risk assessments are in place to manage the handling and use of such substances
- Identify opportunities for continuous environmental improvement and implement programmes to deliver these
- Manage and control recycling and waste management procedures
- Maintain ISO14001 standard, leading a team to support this
- Identify legal requirements associated with the environment which are applicable to to the business
- Communicate environmental information to internal and external stakeholders
Requirements for the role of QHSE Manager
- Experience of operating in a heavy manufacturing environment.
- Experience of KPI collation
- Understanding of ISO accreditation's (9001, 18001 & 45001)
- Proven experience of designing and delivering H&S training
- Experience of working and developing an integrated management system.
- Commercially/legally aware.
- Good understanding of Health and Safety legislation.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
If you would like to know more about the QHSE Manager role, please apply or contact Neil Cayley on 07527257851 or email