Do you want to work for not one of but the number 1 packaging business in Europe? Have you got an interest in making a difference to the worlds sustainability?
My FTSE 100 client are currently looking to expand their service team to 10. The expectation of you is to travel nationwide to some of the world's biggest food/FMCG companies and build, commission and service their machinery. As a specialist provider of this kind of machinery my client design, assemble and sell to the sites you will be attending. This level of service is what makes them unique and the only company in the UK that performs a cradle to grave solution.
What are the expectations of a Service/Workshop Engineer to work for my client…
- You will be an experienced Service Engineer that is used to travel with the odd nights away at peak times.
- 50% - 50% split from workshop to service out on the road.
- Being multi skilled is a must however with an Electrical bias to either a City & Guilds/NVQ Level 3.
- Given the level of electrical work on site it is essential you have the ability to modify PLC's - ideally on Allan Bradley or Siemens.
- As you will be speaking and conducting work on customer sites you have to have the ability to communicate at all levels both internally and externally.
In return for your experience and knowledge my client offers a base salary of £35,000 -£40,000 plus phone, tablet, laptop and pension matched up to 6%. You will be contracted to 37.5 hours a week with any hours worked outside of this paid as overtime. Monday to Friday overtime is paid at a flat rate however Saturday to Sunday is paid at 1.75 which offers you an OTE of £50,000 - £55,000.