£425 - £525 per day
3 months ago
Service Desk Manager - 6 Month Contract - 5 Days a week in South Northamptonshire
£300pd - £375pd Outside IR35 (£425pd - £525pd Inside IR35) (With a view to join Perm at completion £45k-£50k)
Gleeson Recruitment have a fantastic opportunity working alongside a world renowned, historic business who have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Service Desk Manager to lead a team of support engineers providing desktop and infrastructure support. The role is part of a growing IT team based near Towcester and Silverstone and will require an onsite presence 5 days a week. This is an initial 6 Month contract however, the client is enthusiastic in taking on a permanent member of staff by completion of the contract, but in the meantime, the team need processes and behaviours ramping up.
You will need:
- Proven experience (5 years) working in a Service Desk role, with management responsibility for a team of first and second line support analysts.
- Experience in designing, coordinating and leading appropriate service review meetings to review performance, address issues and plan future service developments.
- Strong knowledge of the Microsoft 365 stack, including Intune and Azure further to experience of working with Active Directory, Exchange, Jira Service Management and Windows Server.
- Proven knowledge of ITIL framework, experience of implementing ITIL service management and ITSM tools, concepts and processes
- Strong technical knowledge of network, server and client operating systems.
- Experience with automated monitoring processes and incident management tools
- Broad understanding of PCs, laptops and remote working techniques/devices (mobile/VDI etc)
- Demonstrated ability to develop and execute a strategic staffing plan that ensures the right people are in the right roles at the right time, and employees are highly engaged and satisfied
- Comfortable and capable of compiling effective technical documentation and instructions
- Excellent in Incident, Major Incident and Problem Management.
- Strong experience acting as an escalation and resolution point for major service-related matters, negotiating and managing conflict as necessary with 3rd parties, stakeholders and clients.
- Experience in driving and managing Continuous Improvement of Service plans.
- Strong ability to influence and build working relationships with clients, peers and internal stakeholders.
If interested please apply below!