Service Desk Analyst - Immediate start - Birmingham (£25K)
Rolling month contact - temp to perm opportunity
Service Desk Analyst for a leading UK retailer. Reporting into the Technology Service Desk Team Leader you will play a crucial role in delivering outstanding support to your colleagues across the companies Stores, Distribution Centre (DC) and Support Centre (SC).
You're a natural communicator who enjoys keeping your colleagues in the loop, ensuring they feel their issues are understood and giving them the confidence the issues will be resolved. You thrive on seeing incidents & problems through to resolution, spotting trends and holding yourself to the highest best practice standards. You keep up to date with technology, enjoy getting into the detail and owning issues.
This is an exciting opportunity for an ambitious, technically minded and customer focused Service Desk Analyst to join our evolving Technology Services team.
About The Role Measures of success
The purpose of the role is to respond effectively to incidents and requests restoring service or fulfilling requests as quickly as possible whilst communicating with all relevant stakeholders. The key responsibilities are;
Accurately logging, categorising, prioritising and owning incidents ensuring all relevant data is captured as early as possible in the lifecycle. Completing initial diagnostics, known error checks and resolving or functionally escalating incidents to resolver groups ensuring the right resolution path is applied and SLAs are monitored continuously. Flagging any knowledge management opportunities prior to closure. Closing the loop on all associated communications and linking incidents to problem tickets where one exists.
Acting as an early warning system, spotting incident trends, potential major incidents and aged incidents ensuring they are flagged to the appropriate stakeholders as early as possible.
Accurately logging, categorising, prioritising and owning requests ensuring all relevant data is captured as early as possible in the lifecycle. Confirming appropriate approvals, agreeing timelines with the requestor. Assigning requests to resolver groups ensuring the right resolver path is applied and SLAs are monitored continuously. Flagging any knowledge management opportunities prior to closure. Closing the loop on all associated communications.
Creating and maintaining known errors, workarounds, knowledge articles & standard operating procedures. Seeking training and documentation opportunities across Technology Services.
- Data capture quality / accuracy, first time fix rate, SLAs, knowledge flags raised, known problems linked, User feedback.
- Escalations are raised when appropriate.
- Data capture quality / accuracy, first time fulfilment rate, SLAs, knowledge flags raised, user feedback.
- Knowledge Base Contributions
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- Strong communication skills with an ability to discuss technical subjects with a non-technical audience.
- Ability to logically troubleshoot issues and apply the correct resolutions.
- Demonstrable experience working within an enterprise level Service Desk environment aligning to ITIL best practice.
- Technical experience in operating systems, hardware support and basic networking.
- Experience of ITSM tools, remote access, antivirus, email and general user / business applications.
- Certifications such as; ITIL Foundation, Service Desk Institute, MCSA, CompTIA A+, Security+, IT Diplomas etc.
- Retail technology experience.
- Application Support experience working closely with a development team.
- Exposure to infrastructure concepts such as Active Directory,