Middlesbrough, North Yorkshire
about 1 month ago
Our client, a leading global business in industrial engineering, Is looking for a senior leader to take over operational management of their Service Centre.
You will provide management and leadership of the operations of the service centre and ensure optimum operational performance of the business, to maximise results and to ensure that appropriate controls are in place to guarantee the long term profitability and growth of the business.
What will you do:
- Responsible for management of the Service Centre to deliver operational results in line, or better than budgeted performance
- Responsibility for Service Centre P+L
- To facilitate inter-departmental communication and ensure focus on the highest priority issues to maximise profitability & utilisation
- Continuous improvement of business practices and processes aimed at improving service levels for all customer projects/jobs
- To communicate effectively with all key clients, in order to improve company perception
- To evaluate business opportunities and threats within the territory in order to develop suitable actions contained within the Service Centre business plan
- To ensure the good commercial management of the business in minimising and eliminating risk wherever possible
- Co-ordination of all work involved in investigation, reporting and resolution of any emergent warranty issues, through to customers' satisfaction
- Ensure the business conforms with all UK workplace legislation and client regulations concerning safety, health, environmental, quality & HR issues
- Lead the implementation of LEAN within the Service Centre
- Proactively engage and support company initiatives designed to promote a culture of safe working, environmental protection and continual improvement
- Visibly lead EH&S improvement through observation, intervention and safety walkthroughs
- Regularly monitor team performance to ensure that all business objectives are met and developing the team to achieve their potential
A bit about you:
- Management/Engineering Degree and/ or technical qualifications or recognised apprenticeship/ time served engineer
- NEBOSH or similar health and safety qualifications
- Prior experience in a similar role with P&L responsibility
- Working knowledge of electromechanical and rotating equipment
- Experience in quality assurance issues relating to the testing/operation of motors, generators, electrical equipment, pumps and associated rotating equipment
- Working knowledge of prevailing legal, health, safety and environmental legislation
- Knowledge of continuous improvement/ process improvement techniques (Lean, 5S etc)
If this role is of interest to you please apply now with your most recent and up-to-date CV. Alternatively, if you would like more information about this role, please contact Connor Jones on 07531226011 or for a confidential discussion.
*Please note you must hold the right to work in the UK to apply for this position.