Birmingham, West Midlands
£45000.00 - £50000.00 per annum
about 1 year ago
You have the opportunity to join a leading Global Real Estate service provider as Senior Property Surveyor within their Property Management team.
BAsed from the heart of the Birmingham business district, this is an opportunity for the Senior Property Surveyor to take immediate responsibility for the management of their own properties and projects and to assist with the account management of a key client of the business. This is a first-rate prospect for a confident, enthusiastic Senior Property Surveyor. In addition, with the prospects of an expanding client base, the individual will be tasked with achieving objectives set out in the department's business plans and beyond.
* Providing high quality Property Management services
* Liaising with the clients, their solicitors and tenants on daily basis
* Arranging and facilitating regular tenant meetings
* Management of Lease / Tenancy Schedules
* Preparing reports for and attending client meetings
* Identifying and undertaking asset management initiatives under supervision
* Advising the client in respect of tenancy applications and controlling the licence process
* Instructing and liaising with facilities managers and building consultants in respect of repairs and planned maintenance programmes
* Carrying out regular property inspections
* Liaising with Facilities Managers in respect of service charge budgeting and reporting and undertaking regular service charge expenditure monitoring and reporting
* Liaising with the client accounting team on production of annual service charge budgets, approving reconciliations, rent raising reports etc.
* Management of income arrears and recovery (supported by a dedicated credit controller), invoice approvals, setting up new properties, maintaining the property database
* Preparing revenue budgets and quarterly forecast reporting with the support of a qualified accountant and finance department assistance
* Due diligence for acquisition and disposals
* Attendance at team and department meetings
Essential qualifications & experience
* Strong experience within a commercial property management department
* Proven experience of direct reporting to property management clients
* Good working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook
* Managing lease events, rent reviews and expiries
* Making recommendations on tenant applications
* Solid Landlord and Tenant knowledge.
* Property Management Accounting knowledge - statements of account, service charges, VAT, arrears recovery, etc
* Previous use of Tramps or Horizon property accounting packages
* Excellent written and verbal communication, with a high level of attention to detail
* Pro-active "can do" approach - a good team worker
* Confident in ability to work autonomously - uses initiative / self starter
* Excellent time management, organisational and prioritisation skills
* Professional and presentable
* Enthusiastic, reliable, flexible and friendly
* Full clean driving licence
On offer to the successful Senior Property Surveyor is a highly competitive base salary, benefits and the opportunity to join a top 10 real estate firm with the career prospects you would expect in this type of organisation.