Birmingham, West Midlands
£50000.00 - £58000.00 per annum + plus package
3 months ago
Senior Research and Development Engineer - Birmingham
£50,000 - £58,000 base salary, dependant on experience
A global metals manufacturing business based in Birmingham are looking to expand their research and development department with an additional senior engineer!
- A competitive salary of £50,000 - £58,000 dependant on experience
- A quarterly cash bonus scheme based on global performance
- Private health care for you and your family
- Private dental care for you and a partner
- A generous holiday allowance of 26 plus bank holidays
- A flexible workday from 08:30am to 16:30pm
- A generous pension contribution, matched up to a value of 8%
You will be a strong materials-based engineer with a heavy metallurgical background. Reporting directly into the global head of R&D based in America, you will co-ordinate the companies research and development program in the UK and align it the company's global strategy. You will be a key member in developing and driving innovative solutions for the optimisation of manufacturing and quality processes that impact the business on a huge scale.
- Drive technologically challenging plant initiatives to support the UK business and continuous improvement efforts that significantly impact material yield and quality.
- Provide guidance and management of the businesses university and industry consortium projects.
- Idea generation for new university project proposals that are in the businesses interest and lobbying internal support for these projects. Keeping up to date with relevant research literature.
- Knowledge of commercial drivers to propose and coordinate research and development programs supporting new opportunities in join technology road maps.
- Collaborate with Global R&D to ensure that core projects are directed to provide maximum benefit to the business.
- Effective and regular communication with connection points in US, UK and EU to tap into available resources for support.
A bit about you:
- Degree level qualified in an Engineering or Materials discipline with ability to manage and
- drive projects.
- An advanced knowledge of material science and its application within engineering.
- Practical experience of some of the following techniques and processes; Scanning Electron
- Microscope or other Advanced characterisation, Mechanical Testing, FE Modelling, Residual
- stress measurement or in-line metrology.
- A basic knowledge of computer programming/ scripting in Python, MATLAB/Mathcad, VBA etc.
- Experience of working in a manufacturing or laboratory environment with metals and alloys.
- Experience of working with Titanium and microstructures would provide a distinct advantage.
If you are interested in finding out more about this fantastic opportunity to be a part of a global business at the forefront of metal manufacturing, then please apply now with your most recent and most up-to-date CV and one of the Gleeson team will be in touch with you to discuss more! To arrange a confidential discussion to discuss more about this role, please reach out to book in a confidential call.
*Please note you must hold the right to work in the UK to apply for this position.