Walsall, West Midlands
£40000 - £45000 per annum
about 2 months ago
Our client, a market leader in the design, manufacture, and installation of bespoke control panels, are looking to expand their production department with the addition of a Senior Production/ Project Engineer.
The Senior Production/ Project Engineer is responsible and accountable for providing electrical designs, production engineering information, supporting the NPI process and delivering relevant production engineering information in line with manufacturing start dates.
Reporting to the Engineering manager, the Senior Production/ Project Engineer is to work closely with the Engineering Coordinator to ensure tasks and targets are achieved in a timely manner and will demonstrate a personality that takes accountability for the result. The successful applicant will be conscientious and has a "can do" attitude that will spread to those around them.
- Understanding of design requirements UL508a
- Good understanding of electrical design from concept to production
- Be able to competently use of a variety of CAD packages.
- Ability to turn customer information into a production engineered solution in a standard format.
- Fully conversant with applicable European design standards including LVD, EMC, EN60204 & associated safety legislation.
- Take an active role in the project management cycle.
- The ability to construct plans with many variables.
- Can demonstrate a proven track record in new product introduction, Electrical, electronic, mechanical design and production engineering.
- Can demonstrate a knowledge (and practical application of that knowledge) in an Engineering environment of "best practice" in a few disciplines that include but are not limited to 5S/Lean/Six Sigma.
- Experience of being responsible for design for manufacture and continuous improvement.
- Experience supporting CAR processes to establish root cause and prevention.
- Shows energy and enthusiasm in everything they do with clear technical capabilities.
- Shows a personality of "drive & ambition" - but not at the expense of others around them and can help to motivate the team.
- Appropriate experience in a high pressure, rapidly changing manufacturing environment is considered significantly more important than paper qualifications.
- Significant experience or exposure to the automation industry with experience working within control panel design and production.
- Background in Electrical panel design / production engineering
- Electrical and Electronic Engineering (HNC or NVQ equivalent)
- Minimum of 5 years post qualification experience.
- Desirable: Project management experience or formal qualification
If you are interesting in finding out more about this position, please apply now with your most recent and up-to-date CV. Alternatively, if you would like to discuss this role in more detail, please email to arrange a confidential chat in which you can discuss the role in more detail.
*Please not, this role is only open to applicants who hold, and can supply proof, of their right to work in the UK. Applications from those who do not hold right to work in the UK will be discarded without feedback. If you have not heard back from a member of the team within 48 hours of your application, please assume you were unsuccessful on this occasion.