Birmingham, West Midlands
£65000.00 - £70000.00 per annum + + Benefits
2 months ago
GRG Executive Search have been appointed by a Midlands based organisation to find a first-class Senior Project Manager to join a key strategic part of their company portfolio based out of their Birmingham office.
This is a great role for an experienced Senior Project Manager/Programme Manager following large scale transformation within the organisation. You will be responsible for the management and delivery of major projects, programmes and/or Portfolios within the company's overall Change Portfolio.
- Accountability for the controlled delivery of programmes/Portfolio's or large and complex projects spanning multiple functions, and business units.
- Design, initiate and lead a range of projects / programmes, building high performing project teams to enable the delivery to agreed scope, cost and timescales achieving the end business benefit.
- Respond quickly and decisively to tackle significant issues, keeping others focused and on track in agreeing and delivering effective countermeasures.
- Build strong relationships with key business stakeholders up to Board level.
- Secure buy-in and commitment from others both inside and outside of the project teams / programme framework in order to build positive working relationships and joint successes.
- Ensure that the Change Framework is followed by all projects within the Programme/Portfolio and all governance requirements are adhered to.
- Manage, coach and mentor the project team to up skill capability.
- Extensive programme management experience gained within a broad environment.
- Experience of managing a budget of c. £5m+.
- In depth knowledge of creating and implementing new processes, handoffs, and dependencies, including process improvement cycles.
- Significant understanding and application of public sector project environment including governance and assurance processes.
- Strong communication skills written and verbal.
- Experience in programme delivery, such as Prince2 practitioner, MSP practitioner, APMP or similar
- Competent in the use of various Microsoft packages.
- RAID (Risks, Assumptions, Issues & Dependencies).
The company are currently working remotely and will be operating a hybrid working pattern when restrictions are fully lifted, candidates must be willing to travel to the Birmingham office when needed.